Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF9005 HDR, SDR Settings Are Not Saved

profile.country.UA.title
Andrey_Dnepr

KD-55XF9005 HDR, SDR Settings Are Not Saved

Scene select set it Auto, when switching to hdmi input and turning on PS4 Pro, the game mode is set automatically (everything is correct). After you turn on the game with HDR mode is set to "standard" by default, set it up for yourself. But when you close the game with HDR, the mode remains “standard”, it does not automatically return to the “game” mode. Corrected by switching the input to TV and back to the input of hdmi. If you set both modes (HDR, SDR) to the game mode manually, the settings for each mode are not remembered separately. For example, I want to have a neutral color tone in the game with HDR, and Expert-1 in SDR mode. When you close the game with HDR, you have to reconfigure the picture. The previous 4K TV (not Sony) did not have this problem. Please fix it.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

From my understanding of what you are asking this is not a bug but the way it is implemented. HDR mode is not a separate setting but is based on the underlying scene you have set for SDR. So most of the parameters remain the same (i.e. color tone, motionflow), only some are adapted (ie. luminance)

profile.country.UA.title
Andrey_Dnepr

Thanks for reply. This pretty annoying that HDR scene are not separately setting. In hdr scene tv push to max only brightness automatically, why not push to max contrast too? For my understanding much better did separately settings for both scenes hdr and sdr. My second tv have this. In game mode I may configure hdr and sdr separately, then signal switched, settings switching too on my settings for this scene. Thanks for understanding.

profile.country.UA.title
Andrey_Dnepr

Bump. After ps4 turn on in "game" scene with HDR mode scene is set to "standard" by default, I set it up for myself. But when I close the game with HDR, the mode remains “standard”, it does not automatically return to the “game” scene. Corrected by switching the input to TV and back to the input of hdmi. I think this bug.