Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XF9005 loses all Sat channels

profile.country.GB.title
Marktowno
New

KD-49XF9005 loses all Sat channels

Hi all. I've just purchased the award winning TV, however i am experiencing numerous niggles one day in! 

The satelite channels get wiped every time i turn the TV off, so i have to redo it all each time. The Freeview channels are fine but due to a poor signal area it is the FreeSatHD that i need most.

Secondly, if i click "Guide" on the remote when watching Freesat content, it takes me to the FreeViewHD tv guide and out of the Freesat feed!

Any ideas anyone??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Barrie67

Hi Marktowno, I am afraid this is more like a me to response but I have just bought an android Sony TV and again finding probably finding the same niggles plus another one with my Bose system whci I am trying to sort out with the Community and Sony Tech people. Thank goodness for this community.

As with you, I found that when you go through the initial set up menu and after the programming the satelite option it asks do you want to set up You View. Of course on the first couple of occasions I said yes which it did and it looked a very good app. But I found then I had to reprogramme the satelite after every time I switched off and on again. I then remembered reading something about You View and satelite conflicts, so next time I said No to the You View option and my set now seems to keep the Satelite programs. Not sure if there is a fix around this issue but has at least given me a solution to the loss of programs on satelite?

However it has sparked another question which is, I can not get a programme guide up on the satelite stations (no problem with freeview et al). How do I do this which is another question which somebody will hopefully answer for me/us?

Not the all singing, dancing TV I was hoping for. 

profile.country.GB.title
Barrie67

Update - Overnight it seems to sorted it self out and I am now getting the guide when funnily enough I press the guide button. The programmes in the guide seem to need you to access the particular station first, but then only display information that is relevant in the short term ie what is on now and the next programme. Not very useful if you want to know what is on later. Again whether this will sort itself out in time I do not know?

profile.country.IE.title
dave_p1
New

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me mad. 

Does anyone know of a fix?