Join now - be part of our community!

kd-49x8309c Major Problem on keeps rebooting...Driving me and elderly person mad.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

kd-49x8309c Major Problem on keeps rebooting...Driving me and elderly person mad.

I have a sony kd-49x8309c and it updated to the new firmware about amonth ago but i have a big problem.

This has gone on around 10 times now in the last month or a bit more.

Your watching a program through the Virgin media box and the t.v will just go black screen and re-boot for no reason,im sick of it and if keeps going on will look into another make like my old Samsung that never does this.

I still have the cover on it from currys as had the t.v for around 2 years and i had the 4 years cover.

It also keeps popping up saying that things have stopped and you have to keep pressing ok which is a pain for a very elderly person.

Sony is really becoming a pain.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Jace,

Thanks for joining the community. It's probably a good idea to get this fixed if you still have a valid warranty. Please feel free to call Sony support if you need to, you'll find their information here.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,i rang up Currys where i had it from and they asked for my Firmware number and thats the new one and also told me to turn off t.v and hold the power button on the t.v for 10 seconds to get rid of any static,i have signed out of the Android (google play account) and also my wifi is not connected and try this.

If i still get the pop ups or the main thimg is rebooting every week or so the person said there is something wrong and he will book it in,i have cover until 2021 so well in.

What model is the same as this or a bit better as i dont think they make this model new now just incase.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Update.........Sony TV played up again yesterday 8/1/18 from when i rang them a week ago,keep getting so many pop ups so i have to press ok as they come up in middle of screen and tried everything and the main thing it just turns off,watching a program and just reboots and you dont touch a thing so rang them and going for Repair.

Lets see if they can sort it,being picked up and they have 7 days so should have it back for sunday.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Had t.v back and said they could find nothing and had a print out to say what they checked.

I told them to factory reset it so lets see now.

profile.country.GB.title
spiderrog
Explorer

27th January

I am interested to learn how you got on with this problem now. I have the same TV purchased in 2016 and from what I am reading hear you are experiencing difficulties the same as me. As a '46 baby my tolerance for such inconveniences are much diminished these days and found myself researching a competitors range this morning (Begins with S ). I have a Virgin V6 box through which I view all my usual TV content and also resort to the other add ons such as Amazon TV, Netflix and Plex media server. But it's most annoying when we enter a period when these pop ups keep appearing and won't go away. I get the feeling it is all Google related but not sure how i switch it off and if in doing so would I disrupt my access to the other services I use, Amazon, Netflix, Plex etc. So all a bit complicated and not sure which way to go from here, but I am intersted to discover how your similar problem has progressed. Perhaps if there is a Sony Techy reading this he/she can offer some advise on the matter     - Roger Webb

profile.country.GB.title
Flappytabs
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue as Roger. My TV is under 3 years old and currently unuseable. the worry for me is that this is 1 of 3 Sony Tvs i own.

Is there any fix for this issue? I do not have any extended warranty but going by the feedback from the original poster this would be useless anyway.

HELLLLLP

profile.country.GB.title
spiderrog
Explorer

Mine seems to have settled over the last few days, but I'm sure this will return again someday. I am almost certain this is a problem caused by Android performing updates. I do wish they would either get it a bit more robust or at least give us a warning. This is a Sony product and they should be taking more control over who they let tinker with the products they manufacture and sell. I understand there are other brands that do not rely on Android, maybe its time to cut and run off to one of those. My kitchen LG set has not given any problems like this...yet.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Mine was sent off and checked out then they rang and i asked them to do a Factory Restore and new firmware (which it already had on ) but the 1 thing i have done is not sighned into Google play so cant do any android updates as i never use it anyway on t.v,no use for it as i run through my V6 box and get 4k upscale anyway and picture is amazing.

Seems better now.

I have this same tv and the very same issuies and it is bugging me and my wife crazy plus shows always crash and tv randomly restars apps close by them self error messages keep popping up this has stopped responding so flustrating this is the second replacement of this model we have and it's horrible.