Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
bvm690
Explorer

Thanks for your help.

ABnC16
Explorer

Same problem here with an out of box KD55x8509, freezes on both web and usb update at about 80% please help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABnC16 - Ive sent you a private message with some instruction.  Let me know how you get on.  Cheers

Ralph53
Explorer

Hi everyone followed Sony update procedure when using USB stick worked fine no problem. When you first download to computer check the byts in the unzip folder should be the same as Sony say ### Now unzip folder byts will increase slightly used WinZip to unzip folder, download to USB stick and proceeded as instructions from Sony after that no problem good luck Ralph
bunkum100
Explorer

Hi, I also have an issue with the software update, got a 43w07c a few days ago and software won't update over wireless or usb, always stops at 71%. Any chnace of some help please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunkum100 - Ive sent you a private message with some instructions.  Let me know how you get on.  Cheers

erict68
Explorer

Same issue here with a Bravia 55X8509C

Auto-update fails at 74% every time - downloaded from web to USB also fail to install past 74%

Please help !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@erict68 - I have sent you a private message with some instructions.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

GBRS_Global
Explorer

Hi there, i have the same issue with my 55" tv x8505c. Internet works fine. It just can't update no matter what method. USB or via internet. How can i get your steps to a work around. Its the 2123 error

Thanks in advance.

guitarius
Explorer

im having the same problem with a model kd-55x8509c accept it happens at zero percent.

Tried updating over wifi.

Tried updating over ethernet cable.

Tried updating with 3 different usb sticks, with redownloaded firmware in all the ports on the tv and the tv just restarts when usb stick is plugged in.

does not even attempt an update.

Someone please help. I have six days left on the 14 day return policy from whee i bought it and if i dont get it sorted its going back to the shop because right now its a glitchy mess.