Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Screen Issue

profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Screen Issue

Hi Folks,

Turned on my TV this morning and this is what I'm currently having to deal with!

I've restarted, but hesitant to reset as this is pretty obviously a hardware issue compared to a software one, (Sods law will say I'm wrong now I've said that!) it did it on both the Sony and Android startup screens.

Any suggestions? Its just over a year old so I'm not sure where I stand from a warranty perspective...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @dan_88,

I would try a factory reset, but if that doesn't work it looks like you might need to send it for repair (more details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

Hey folks,

Thought I should probably let you all know what happened in regard to the problem I had with my TV.

I reported it to Sony, they had me take it to a repair centre (and told me to use one which was not the closest! always get them to double check where your nearest is!!). The repair centre let me know that Sony wouldnt repair under warranty. I then had a good dozen or so back and forth emails with Sony. Initially they offered me a 40% goodwill contribution towards the repair - quite nice, £60 it might cost me I was thinking if it was around £100 total for the repair. NOPE! £850 to "repair" the TV, which the repair centre told me would mean me being sent a refurb. The TV only cost me £699 in the first place, so back to Sony, another 10 or so emails and calls, and after quoting some stats on the life expectancy of new TV's, explaining I bought Sony to get quality and for their "superior customer service", Sony finally backed down and extended my warranty which allowed my TV to be replaced for free.

Moral of the story - Dont back down! It seems they just expect everyone to roll over and stump up for a new TV nowadays because they use cheaper parts and have no confidence in their own products.