Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C becomes unresponsibe

profile.country.GB.title
JD1702
New

KD-49X8305C becomes unresponsibe

I've had this TV a good while and like it when it works.

However, in the last couple months it keeps slowing to the point of becoming completely unresponsive.

Sometimes I'm able to reboot which can help limp on, sometimes I can't.

Only thing I can do is a full factory reset. That seems to work well for a few days but then it slows again.

I've not signed into any apps apart from KODI and with that I only watch locally stored media. I have an external apple TV box for apps.

The panel is still great and I don't want a bigger TV. It would be great to find out something to try rather than buying a new TV even if it is 9 years old.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
psigley
Explorer

I have the same model and it was very slow and rebooting itself at inconvenient times. I too got around it by factory reset or switching off at mains but this became irritating. I have in last few days replaced it with a 55A84L which is an excellent picture. Only thing I did not appreciate is that my BR100 wireless Subwoofer only works with the older TVs. Having said that not sure that new one  needs more base. Going back to the 49X830 I was told that the faults are symptoms of motherboard failure and as a 9 /10 year old TV I just decided to bite the bullet.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @JD1702 

Can you try to delete the Amazon Prime Video app from your TV permanently, and then test the performance of your TV and let us know how it will go? 

profile.country.RO.title
nickelro
New

Hi @EMS_MO72

Thanks for the tip! Since a couple of months, I had a similar issue on my 8-yrs old KD-55X8509C. Same as OP, the issue will dissapear after a reset to factory settings, only to come back after 2 - 3 days. Now I followed your advice regarding the Amazon Prime Video app (clear data, clear cache, uninstall updates and disable the app from TV's settings). Now the TV is back to life and pretty snappy with the commands, fingers crossed it will remain in this condition. 

Cheers.