Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Internet Data Channels Not showing on KD-65XH9296

profile.country.GB.title
arfa69

Freeview Internet Data Channels Not showing on KD-65XH9296

Bought this TV in January.  But just cannot display the freeview internet data channels.  2 Other TV's in the house receive them perfectly.
I have tried your troubleshooting steps but all to no avail. I am still unable to display the data channels as below
251 365 Travel
252 Kiss Chat & Date
253 proud Dating
263 Sonlife
264 Vision TV
265 On Demand 365
269 Arise
271 Channel Box
The Guide for all these above channels is populated but when you switch to any of them the data does not load.
My Internet connection is OK as I can receive Netflix and Prime Video perfectly OK.

Any one else suffering from this problem

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi arfa69, if you're on youView, try gong to apps in settings then YouView and YVservice host, clear cache and data for both of them then force  stop them. After that a soft reset then enable YouView. It always worked for me.

profile.country.GB.title
arfa69

No You View in settings

profile.country.GB.title
beastobadness

This is to do with the  broadcast technology used, the newer Sony TV's can not receive the older version of interactive service channels which is broadcast in MHEG but instead use the much newer hbbTV. Unfortunately most of the channels that are listed in the OP are broadcast using the old technology, as mentioned though, channelbox is beta testing a new hbbTV service. I believe VOD365 is already on the newer system as it works on my XH92, however according to the web page below doesn't use hbbTV yet.

The take up of hbbTV is so slow for some reason. Here's hoping the other channels follow suit and migrate fully.

For info... https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/viewing-ip-channels

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi arfa69, it's on apps in settings, if it's not there, try showing all apps.

profile.country.GB.title
arfa69

Thanks for that

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Let us know if that worked. ^^

profile.country.GB.title
arfa69

Sorry but no.  I am incline to agree with  the comment made by- bestobadness which I have received similar comments from one of the broadcasters 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey arfa69, there are more steps to try if you want, but I guess since it's the same message from the broadcasters then it's not worth it I guess!

profile.country.GB.title
arfa69

Thanks for your help and interest but I think I will just sit it out

profile.country.GB.title
Steve353
Explorer

According to this article, Vision TV was the last one to complete rollout and all should be working since the end of Jan https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/freeview-ip-channels-complete-hbbtv-rollout
For me I can only get
211 - Ketchup TV
212 - Yaaas
265 - On-demand 365

These still won't work
263 - Sonlife
264 - Vision TV
269 - Arise News
271 - Channel Box (it tries to load and a dot appears)
252 - Kiss Chat & Date
253 - Proud Dating

The link posted by beastobadness has had no updates https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/viewing-ip-channels so I'm not clear if its a Freeview or Sony issue.