Join now - be part of our community!

Damsel in Distress v.2!!!

profile.country.GB.title
CaptainLambino

Damsel in Distress v.2!!!

Hi all, 

I have just bought a small sound system (2.1) for my 2018 Sony Bravia. I have plugged it into the green port on the back of the TV.

Sound seems great however when I have a look at the Sound settings on the TV. I can’t tell if it’s set up correctly. The TV seems to recognise the speakers as headphones which is weird and I don’t understand the options such as fixed or variable?

Does anybody know of the optimal settings anyone can recommend to ensure I’m getting the best sound and connected correctly?

thanks everyone x

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
CaptainLambino

Exactly! So can you advise me on the settings? Do I need to make any changes on the TV sound settings?

Thanks xx

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For variable vs fixed I already give you a feedback, for the other I have no experience since, having an HT, most of them are greyed out in my setup. You should try by yourself all the presets you have on the TV and other audio processing to check whether they suite best your needs

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

Myself I would connect the Logitech Speaker System to the TV's RED & WHITE Line outputs, then use the Logitech own volume to adjust to you requirements. The TV's Line Outputs should provide a cleaner signal.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@gcac2828  ha scritto:

Myself I would connect the Logitech Speaker System to the TV's RED & WHITE Line outputs, then use the Logitech own volume to adjust to you requirements. The TV's Line Outputs should provide a cleaner signal.

No sony recent TVs has any RED&WHITE line outputs, only inputs. The only analogue output is through the headphone jack

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828