Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot use Google Home after firmware v5.417 installed

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Cannot use Google Home after firmware v5.417 installed

Since upgrading to firmware v5.417 on my KD49X8308C the Google Home ability to cast has gone. I've tried removing the TV from Google Home and re-installing. However, now Google Home cannot see the TV as a castable device anymore.

I don't think this is a coincidence - it happened straight after the firmware update.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to bring the TV back to factory settings, it's always suggested after an update.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion but that should be used as an absolutely last resort.

I don't really thinnk it's acceptable that we should have to perform a factory reset after every update. I've made a hugh amount of changes and configuration settings which I'll have to do again if I go down that route.

When you say "always suggested after an update" - by whom? Not by Sony. They clearly don't think this should be necessary otherwise they'd say so.

Appreciate you responding and trying to help.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sony suggests it, but so is the answer you give me all...

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00175033

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Thanks Manolo, none of those issues are affecting the TV, unless you put it under "improper behaviour" - which is effectively "anything else we haven't thought of"

I'm going to do the factory reset and will report back here.

Thanks again.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I just brought you a link where Sony to suggest it, in Italy we suggest the factory reset and I assure you that it solves many problems, small or not so small, that an update can introduce (even if we do not like it).

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

I've now completed the Factory Reset and the result is the same. Google Home cannot see any castable Android devices.

Can Sony now respond/advise please?

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer