Join now - be part of our community!

(65)AF9 lots of issues... main one reboots whilst watching OTA

Gpl123
Explorer

(65)AF9 lots of issues... main one reboots whilst watching OTA

Good Day all.

well 2018 looked liked it would end on a high when I purchased my AF9 in mid-December, however since installing it I have had to do a reset 4 times in the hope things would improve... which they haven’t so turning to the forum for some help.

the main issue seems to be watching standard TV .. I’ve noticed that things start to go wrong when the screen starts to ‘lag’ / buffers, which is ridiculous as it’s OTA transmission and only SD!

when this happens I have to switch off and that is when the fun starts...

i get the mic light lit as well as an orange central light and the TV will not turn on..

well not immediately. When it does switch on I get sound but no picture and then it reboots... this happens constantly if I leave it alone.

However when I switch to APPs no reboot.

has anyone had this and is there a fix or do I send back and get another or dump altogether for an LG?

sitting in hope!

should also add firmware is 6.0544.0074EUA

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Gpl123, welcome to the Community.

That does sound like odd behaviour and not something I've come across. I've asked a colleague to look into it and will post back any suggestions he has.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Gpl123,

This seems interesting. Could you just let us know the source you're facing this issue with? (I.e: using chromecast, screen mirroring, etc..).  I've also noticed that your TV is running the latest software version according to Sony.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
gpl123
Explorer

Sorry for the delay in replying .. work etc.

the source was quite simple over the air via aerial tv.

there have been lots of issues recently and after the last reset I disabled voice and seemed to have been better (awful to have switch off functionality to get the basic one working!, but as I work in software I hoped a fix would appear)..

any way last reset seemed fine until last night as today it wouldn’t switch on for 10 mins and then it rebooted...

and right now the recording is failing.. both playback and recording new, getting so close to sending this back!

will request a call with Sony via my retailer as this is getting unacceptable