Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
scoopy6

Dam3kOn, unless you have already been needing a sound system, we think our 49X8309C's sound is very good on its own too...

e.g.It is significantly better than sound from a 3yr old Samsung UE55F8000, to which we often listen through a home theatre system better to understand the speech in films. The 8309C actually replaced another Samsung, and we have not needed the soundbar which that employed before.

49X8309C in uk
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankie1g

Ive escalated your issues on the whilstling remote to Sony support as something is not right there.

Although i would be impressed if it danced too :grin:

frankie1g

Have anyone gone in to a retailer and they have said actually the sony tvs android system dont work. And they said back yes we have had loads returned.

Or like me they say" really its the first we have heard of it Sir."

cozzykim

@frankie1g

Not personally, but the friends that I recommended the 65" version to (on the basis of its spec) were told that by the returns people at JL when they took it back, that they knew of the problems as they'd had a lot of the Sony Android TVs returned.

Only hearsay I'm afraid.

SonyMP99
Explorer

@Anonymous

What's your role here? There are many users on here with issues. Can you escalate these too? 

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

@Anonymous 

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Folkfanger

In what way was you mis-sold?  was it a lower or higher rate of motionflow that you was led to believe?

Good question. I don't recall what was the given rate but as all three were stated as the same refresh rate I would have chosen the higher rate model rather than the 8505. As my TV hangs on a bracket I don't care what the colour of the stand or its post is.

Being serious, I doubt I would notice a difference between 800 and 1000 but it's nice to know that what you are sold is actually what you end up with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SonyMP99

Hi there

I am just like you - a customer of Sony. I volunteer my time in order to help anyone with thier problems - whether its technical or otherwise.  However the 'expert' status gives me greater privileges (and responsibilities).  

One of these privileges is the means to 'escalate' posts to Sony Support if i believe it is warranted.  

There are a great many issues currently with the Android TVs, which cannot be denied - but it is useless to swamp support with every individual problem.  So i have created a thread (see link below) cateloging the issues with the aim of ultimately providing this community with updates.  

Upto now, it has not been successful as i hoped (blood and stone comes to mind), but at least its organised.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

Hopefully this answers your question

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

@Anonymous I think your  status should be elevated to Heroic

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Folkfanger - awe thanks.  :cat:

In regards to your tv / motionflow - ill send you a pm later, as i have to go no for awhile.

cozzykim