Join now - be part of our community!

Using the HVL-f36am to trigger the HVL-f60m wirelessly

profile.country.en_GB.title
UKstu99
New

Using the HVL-f36am to trigger the HVL-f60m wirelessly

Hi Im wanting to know if my current hvl-f36am can be used to fire the hvl-f60m (before I purchase it) and still use the HSS and TTL functionality. I was looking into buying battery pack and light head systems for shooting on location to overpower the sun, but I think with the power of this strobe mixed with high speed sync I will be able to do everything I need in a much lighter and more portable package. Hope this is achievable?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello UKstu99 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am currently looking into this to see how the two HVL units interact with each other. I will get back to you as soon as I am able.

Thanks,

Simon

UKstu99
New

Hi Simon, thanks for the welcome and looking into this for me. :thumbsup:

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

The HVL-F60M is capable of triggering the HVL-F36AM but not vice versa.

HSS is available in wireless flash mode.

Best Regards

Michael

UKstu99
New

Thanks for the reply Michael...That seems strange....why would you want to use the 60 as a commander to fire a 36? So what is going to be my cheapest option for firing the 60 at the greatest distance in sunlight?

UKstu99
New

Is there an IR transmitter I can use on camera to trigger the hvl-f60m and still have the ability to use HSS and TTL?

Thanks

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

You will have to use 3rd party solutions like this one but I can not guarantee if they are fully compatible.

Check with the manufacture.

Sample of a 3rd party trigger:

http://www.pixelhk.com/Proshow.aspx?id=64

Using this kind of trigger (+ adapter if required) would allow to use flash in greater distance compared to Sony´s wireless control system