Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a7s ii firmware won't update

profile.country.GB.title
roseacpalmer
New

Sony a7s ii firmware won't update

Hello

I have the sony a7s ii and I am trying to update the firmware for the first time. I have version 2 currently and am trying to update to version 3. The computer recognises the camera but after a while of verifying I keep getting the error  message below. I have tried on two different macs with different operating systems (10.11.6 and 10.13.6). I have downloaded and run the drive loader and have run that with the mac with the newer systemI don't know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 13.27.28.png

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

?

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/mac/driver/1014/en/index.html

In case you cannot install the System Software

You must run "DriverLoader_1013" before running the System Software Updater.
In case you have run the System Software Updater first, restart the computer and then run "DriverLoader_1013" before running the System Software Updater.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
roseacpalmer
New

Hello

I have already tried that and it doesn't make a difference.

Could it be the USB wire I am using - it's not the original one that I got as I don't know where that is. But it is recognising the camera so not sure that the USB is the issue? Is it possible to get replacement wires?

I've just reset the camera settings to factory and that also hasn't made a difference. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The cable could make the difference, I read several times that is specified to use the original one, at the link you can find the official spare parts for your camera:

https://uk.eetgroup.com/search?query=ILCE-7SM2

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
roseacpalmer
New

Just managed to do it. I re-followed the driver steps and had to turn my camera on after running the driver but before cliking ok. All done now! Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@roseacpalmer  ha scritto:

I re-followed the driver steps

Yep... :relieved:

Manolo