Abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

A6700 freezing

profile.country.CH.title
jmdonline
Mitglied

A6700 freezing

Hello,

It seems the a6700 as a problem : in different situation it freeze.

For me it happens while filming videos. After may be 15m the video became chopped and then the screen and the viewfinder became black.

Surprisingly, when I switched to settings, the screen was usable again. Back to shooting mode and the screen was black again.
I tried to turn the camera off, but it was impossible.
Even on off, nothing changed.
I had to remove the battery to solve the problem...

Have anyone encountered the same problem ?

11 ANTWORTEN 11
profile.country.DE.title
MHFoto
Enthusiast

Hi @jmdonline,

are you sure, the memorycard you are using, has enough space and is fast enough for filming or high definition filming? Is the issue repeatable? I mean, is the camera every time freezing after 15 minutes of filming? 

Which lens are you using with your Sony a6700?  I´ve read, there are some very similar issues with some sigma lenses on the same body. The camera is freezing awhile filming and it is necessary to shot off the camera or remove the battery even after upgrade the new firmware. Maybe patience is needed to get a fix from Sony. Maybe you should connect to the official Support-Team from Sony to get capable answers. 

Greetings

MHFoto

profile.country.CH.title
jmdonline
Mitglied

Hello,

Thank You for answer.

Yes I'm sure it's not a problem with the memory card.

I should point out that I didn't film continuously for 15 minutes, but in sequences of 1 ou 2 minutes one after the other. I was using the 18-105mm f4 Sony lens.

I can't repeat the problem systematically. However, it did occur on several occasions.

As you say, I've discovered that I'm not the only one to encounter this problem.

I have made a call with the official Sony helpline, the only answer I got is to send back the camera to repair.

But as it seems to be a "general" issue, I posted here to see if anyone is having the same problem.

I hope that Sony will very soon find a way to solve this problem.

profile.country.CH.title
jmdonline
Mitglied

Hello,

I got the problem of freezing once again yesterday.

I have discovered that it was probably due to the battery.

I have a Smallrig battery beside the original sony. It seems that the Samllrig is not really equivalent to the Sony.

After having the problem, I switched from the smallrig battery to the Sony and all went fine.

So I think it's the battery which caused the problem.

It's a good news for me as the a6700 is not involved 😅

profile.country.DE.title
MHFoto
Enthusiast

Hi @jmdonline,

I'm glad to hear, that you recognized and were able to solve the problem. Thanks also for describing the issue with the Smallrig and the battery. I´m sure, users who encounter a similar problem will appreciate this hint.

Greetings

MHFoto

profile.country.CH.title
jmdonline
Mitglied

Hello,

Unfortunatly, I'v had the same problem again, this time with an original Sony battery at 100%.

The file can be seen here (it's a large file but it is the original)

https://kdrive.infomaniak.com/app/share/417048/5ce80adc-3523-428c-883d-e15a729f0f99

The memory card is 280MS/r and 100MB/w, V60, 128go.

I have test it after that video, it works fine.

After that video, I have made many tests with the same settings and all is working fine ???

If anyone have an idea where from come the problem, I'll take it !

profile.country.DE.title
MHFoto
Enthusiast

Hi @jmdonline ,

here is only the user-community. The a6700 is a brand new product of Sony. Maybe it is a known software issue or something, what can be fixed with the new firmware rollout. I dont know.

I think, the best option for the moment is, to contact the official Sony-Support Team.

Website: https://services.sony.de/supportmvc/de/Contact/Email?cat=cameras-camcorders1&tab=Tips

Greetings

MHFoto

profile.country.CH.title
jmdonline
Mitglied

Hello,

I did contact the Sony 'support team...

I even give them the occasion to see a video showing the problem.

For now, the only answer is : it is due to your computer...☹️

I know it is not, the file has been read on an other computer with the same problem !

profile.country.DE.title
MHFoto
Enthusiast

Hi @jmdonline,

Is the video file you shared with us the original file from the SD card after recording, without any conversion to other formats? How did you import that file to your computer? Was it simply a copy from the SD card to your computer, or did you use software tools for the import process? When you play the file directly from the SD card in your camera, is there any difference, or is it the same as on your PC? What are the settings for video recording on the camera? Video editing with high frame rates and high resolution, such as 4K, requires a computer with a powerful CPU, GPU, and fast hard disks to handle, process, and convert video files. If your PC isn't that fast, issues with your video editing software may be possible. Could you provide information about your PC specs?

Greetings

MHFoto

profile.country.CH.title
jmdonline
Mitglied

Hello,

The video I shared was a direct copy from sdcard to the computer, with no editing of any kind.

The settings for this video are : XAVC HS 50p, 4.2.2 10bits, 100M

My computer information :

Microsoft Windows 11 Famille
Processeur Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Mémoire physique (RAM) installée 32.0 Go
Nom NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Lecteur C:SSD 952.75 Go
Lecteur 😧 1.82 To
Lecteur E: 3.64 To

I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the computer even if it can hardly manage this type of video file.

I have to use proxy to edit my video. It works just fine several times before this one. And several times after with the same settings and memory card.

The Youtube video I provide here was originally filmed with these settings, no problem !

I'm sure the file I shared has an issue that come from the camera and I would like to know what the problem is.

https://youtu.be/_jWdvvVyhQA?feature=shared