Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000 xm3 notification beep makes me crazy

profile.country.NO.title
Dragonmaster75
New

Wh-1000 xm3 notification beep makes me crazy

Hello I just got a new headset and after a 15minutes starting with the beep beep sound but not stop and for no reason.if I turn off headset with computers on my phone.and I have to restart my phone to get rid of it always happens after I install the app for the headset and now it was not there when I used to exit without app installed on the phone but now it's also going with the app uninstalled.this now sound is so annoying I don't want to trow out my 1000 Xm3 . Men know where to find and the solution or explanation for this beat not on the support site other places my phone is the note 10 plus and I have all the updates installed for Android system and for the headset the newest firmware 452. Please help me before I return my headset and never again by any Sony product

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Dragonmaster75,

have you tried resetting/initializing the headphones?

Also what notifications are you getting?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

What notification are you getting exactly.? As in, what app is it for.

profile.country.NO.title
Dragonmaster75
New

No visible notification on my  phone or in the app that is headphone app to Sony. And nothing in music center app. It's only a beep beep sound. That start after 10 5o 20min.  I try to turn of all functions like noice reduction and the rest.  I have reset and get back to fabric settings. 3 times.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Dragonmaster75,

do you have adaptive noise cancellation switched on (when the headphones switch the noise cancellation mode they will sound a "bell" sound which could be what you describe).

Do you have any additional details to give us here? Do you have the headphones connected via bluetooth, cable?

Did you also initialize the headphones?

Have you tried another phone/MP3 player and verified that the issue is with the headphones?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Yeah, the solution to this is to go in to the headphones connect app, and disable the Adaptive Sound Control/Adaptive Noise Cancelling.

That'll stop the beep, as it thinks you are going through different areas, from quiet to noisy, and is letting you know.

Please read the manual, it's all explained in there.