Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 Right Earbud Issues

profile.country.GB.title
strangelight84
Explorer

WF-1000XM3 Right Earbud Issues

I received a pair of WF-1000XM3s as a Christmas gift just over three months ago.  Since then they've been used fairly sparingly, and only really for 'light' listening - typically, at low volume at my desk in my office. 

Unfortunately, a week or two ago the right earbud developed an issue which I haven't been able to resolve: it doesn't appear to power on, despite (I believe) being fully charged.  Lifting it out of the charging unit doesn't activate it.  Tapping or holding it doesn't activate it.  To all intents it appears to be 'dead'.  The only activity I can get out of it at all is that occasionally the red 'charging' light will light up when it's in the charging unit; however, the light is slightly flickering.  I've tried cleaning the case and all contacts, without success - and, even after leaving the earbud charging with the red light illuminated for some time, it still won't activate.

I've tried the 'soft' reset of returning both earbuds to the case and closing it.  I would try a hard reset, but as the right earphone is unresponsive I don't think that's an option - I can't complete the process as pressing the right earbud button doesn't register as an input.  Likewise, I can't enter bluetooth pairing mode for the same reason, so I can't pair the earbuds to a new device (and I foolishly unpaired them from my phone before realising this as part of my troubleshooting).  

I therefore think I've exhausted the available options here, but can anyone think of anything further that I might do to try to restore functionality to the right earbud - or does it sound like it should be heading back to Sony for a repair or replacement under warranty?  Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi strangelight84,

It's best to contact Sony Support about this.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
strangelight84
Explorer

Thanks Pascale.  I thought that might be the case but wanted to exhaust all options before doing so!