Join now - be part of our community!

Transferring Playlists To a New PC?

profile.country.GB.title
phil8715
Explorer

Transferring Playlists To a New PC?

Hi,

I've just bought a new Windows 10 laptop. I copied my music from the external sd card to a music folder on my laptop, I installed Sony Music Center and uploaded my music from my music folder to Sony Music Center. However the playlists didn't transfer.

I went into the file-import playlist, selected

the playlists and the playlist titles appeared minus the actual tracks. I'm I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT : I'VE SOLVED THE PROBLEM 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

And... How you have solved? -)

profile.country.GB.title
UVGraham

Hi.  I'm Phil's wife and it was me who solved the issue.

1.  Connect Walkman to computer with the USB connection on, and Sony Media Center open.

2.  Click on File in the Media Center, then choose add playlist.  It will then open a box to find the playlists.

3. Click on the left pane where the file tree is and navigate to the music folder in the Walkman.  Search the music folder using the top right box searching for . M3u8.  All the playlists will then appear.

4.  Choose the first playlist, then click to add it to the media center.  When that one is done, go back to the second playlist and add that; adding each one in turn until they are all done.

5.  It may be possible, after step 3 to choose all the playlists and add them en masse, by selecting one, then pressing ctrl+A to select all, then open the add playlist box to add them all at once.  I didn't try this, so I can't say for certain if it will accept multiple playlists at once.  Feel free to give it a try.

If I've missed something, or you need more help, please ask, and I will try to help if I can.