Join now - be part of our community!

Sony UK = Disappointing.

profile.country.GB.title
SimpleShaun

Sony UK = Disappointing.

"Sony is expected to provide products and customer services that are high in quality from its customers' viewpoints. Basic Approach True to its Philosophy and Policy for Product Quality and Customer Services, Sony is wholeheartedly committed to improving product and service quality from its customers' viewpoints in order to both maintain and enhance satisfaction, confidence, and trust"

So I pulled that off your own website, has Sony UK forgot maybe some of this company ethos? Or did you just put it on your website to make it sound all professional and make it seem you actually care about the purchasers off your products until you have the cash and then conveniently forget?

I'm stuck with a pair of very expensive Sony Headphones that I can't listen to for longer than 30 minutes due to an intense pain that the ear cup causes, this is an issue that has been documented on many videos on YouTube. I have posted about this weeks ago and I was told "Welcome to the community, We'll look into this and get back to you as soon as we can" https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portable-audio/sony-wh-1000xm3-comfort-issue/td-p/2750981

£240 pounds spent on a pair of headphones that I can't listen to for longer than 20-30 mins...I'm not rich, I can't just go and buy another pair without saving up a few months... It's not a not a nice feeling knowing you have purchased something very expensive that is not living up to your expectations.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SimpleShaun,

you probably noticed that right when you bought them. 

Why not return them?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
SimpleShaun

The shop that I bought them from online does not do refunds unless they are broken. I first thought that the pain I was getting was due to the product being brand new, so I decided to give them the benefit of a doubt and see if I could "brake them in" unfortunately after a few months, it just did not happen, and the pain started to be more intense on my ears.

After doing some research online, I started coming across videos on YouTube of many people suffering the same problem as me. Look here is the thing Nic, the headphones are amazing, the sound quality is incredible, the voice assistant superb, but I can't ignore this pain I'm getting, I can't even listen to a whole album, halfway through an album, I have to take them off, my ears are burning and there is a sharp pain in my left ear...

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SimpleShaun,

@SimpleShaun  wrote:

does not do refunds unless they are broken.

was that even in compliance with the law in the UK? In Germany I can return any online purcahse within 14 days, no matter what, I assume you have a similar law in the UK, so the seller might tricked you into not returning it.

@SimpleShaun  wrote:

After doing some research online, I started coming across videos on YouTube of many people suffering the same problem as me. Look here is the thing Nic, the headphones are amazing, the sound quality is incredible, the voice assistant superb, but I can't ignore this pain I'm getting, I can't even listen to a whole album, halfway through an album, I have to take them off, my ears are burning and there is a sharp pain in my left ear...

I know no one who has pain while wearing them and also never heard about pain around the ears (I hear about pain on top of the head after extensive periods of time wearing them) so I would say it is not as widespread as you might think (your online research was probably affected by what is commonly known as "information bias").

Despite that I do not doubt you are feeling pain around the ears, since a product like that simply can not fit all 7.6 billion humans on earth, so it is to be expected that some may face issues with the "standard" design.

I would get in contact with the seller again first (depending on how long it has been since you bought them) and in the future I would advise to purcahse from bigger retail companies who have better customer service.

If you do not have any success there I would be happy to escalate this to the Sony support.

- Nic