Join now - be part of our community!

New member, 1st post. I have WH-1000MX3, just ordered WF-1000MX3, to replace Melomania 1's

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

New member, 1st post. I have WH-1000MX3, just ordered WF-1000MX3, to replace Melomania 1's

Hello,

As the subject says I have a pair of WH-1000MX3 cans which I have had for around 5 months. Amazing headphones which go with me when I travel (not doing much of that lately)

I have a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1, in ear wireless monitors which I bought in July last year. I have found them acceptable for the money, not brilliant, but ok.

I have found it difficult to get a good seal with the supplied tips. There is only medium memory foam tip including in the kit, the rest are silicone which I don't rate. The way the buds are charged there is no 3rd party tip that will work in the charging case (unless you take off the tips when you recharge)

CA released a Large size memory foam spare tip kit. which arrived today, having tried them out, I am finding that they are a tad large for my ear canals, and cause some discomfort around 30 mins when using them.

Sorry long winded story.

I have just ordered a pair of WF-1000XM3 to replace the Melomania's. I am still in awe of the WH-1000MX3 and especially the Sony Headphone Connect App. I am hoping that the smiles will still be there when I use the WF's. I am not expecting the same level of sound experience as the WH's, fingers crossed.

D

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

Michael_Kn

Thank you for the reply.

5 days in, they are brilliant. Everything I was hoping for and then some. Compared to the WH which I have, the sound is stunning for such a small device. Being able to control via the app is great.

However I do miss the surround map and sound styles that are available when I have the WH's connected, seems odd that this is not available with the WF's. 

Setup was very simple, popped into charger, took out and they connected to the app and performed a firmware update. 

D