Join now - be part of our community!

Is there an Andriod App for Atrac Files

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jomcgin59
Visitor

Is there an Andriod App for Atrac Files

My NW-A808 is on its last legs, dont know how long its going to last, have had this model for atleast 7 years, so in time going to replace it, but what with

I like the look of the new Android mp3 players, especialy NWZ-Z1060, I like the design, but one thing stopping me buying this model is the lack of atrac support

So is there any apps that will allow you to play atrac files

If any one from sony is reading this, why cant we have atrac include in new models, is it that hard, you could even release limited models.....I want a new atrac mp3,

I probably going to have to search second hand shops, to see if I can get a model that works

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Convergence
Visitor

Hi Sony in Europe dropped Atrac a long time ago, given the demand for MP3 support, can only advise you convert all your Atrac files to anther format, Flac, MP3

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Convergence
Visitor

Hi Sony in Europe dropped Atrac a long time ago, given the demand for MP3 support, can only advise you convert all your Atrac files to anther format, Flac, MP3

jomcgin59
Visitor

Hi Convergence

Thanks for your reply, Iv known for a long time atrac is a defunk codec, and only works on atrac mp3 players

Now have ordered the nwz z1060, as I like the look of it, but guessing I will muck about witht the device, and see of winamp plays my oma/omg files, if it does I be happy, if not, time to get all my cd out, and start importing them, to what ever the best file format is for the z1060

Now I see no reason why sony should keep atrac codec closed, what harm does it do to allow third parties to use atrac, I actually prefer my music to be in atrac format and at 48 kbps, due the number of tracks I have which is around 15,000 track, with them totaling 20 gb file size