Join now - be part of our community!

How do I remove the CD magazine from CDX-71 without power?

profile.country.en_GB.title
gio300zx
Visitor

How do I remove the CD magazine from CDX-71 without power?

I just removed my CD changer and headunit from the car but, like an idiot, did not take out the magazine first. How can I take this out of the CDX-71 without power?

Alternatively, I could probably put 12v onto the bus connector if someone could let me know the pin-outs.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi gio300zx,

There isn't really a way of doing this without power - mainly because if you managed to achieve this you would leave a CD in the play position inside the autochanger so would still have a problem!

I wouldn't recommend trying to apply 12v directly to the bus connector (even if you knew the right pin), but if you have a 12v power source available then the best thing to do, seeing as you've also removed your head unit, is to connect the bus connector between the head unit and the autochanger (as it was when in your car) and then from the head unit put just the yellow and red wire to +12v and the black wire to -12v ..... the eject button on the autochanger will then work and both remove any CD that is in the play position and eject the magazine.

Hope this helps