Join now - be part of our community!

How can I set Ambient Sound Control (noise cancellation ) to OFF by default on the WF-1000XM3?

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

How can I set Ambient Sound Control (noise cancellation ) to OFF by default on the WF-1000XM3?

I've just got the WF-1000XM3's and whilst overall I'm very impressed there's one very annoying issue. I set ambient sound control (not to be confused with adaptive sound control) to off as I don't want any noise cancellation the majority of the time but every time I turn on the headphones it defaults to ambient sound control on. This means every time I turn them on I have to go into the app and turn it off (I have the left earpiece control volume). Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless. Is there a way to set it to off by default?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.US.title
Cromarty57
Explorer

Noice cancellation is On by default when removing the earbuds from the case. You can turn it off by tapping the left earbud.

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Thanks, but I want to set default to off. If it’s not possible I’ll have to contact Sony to request a feature enhancement. As you will see from my post I have volume control set to the left earpiece so I can’t alter the noise cancellation from the ear pieces.