Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless mouse problem VGN-A617S

ch33tor
Visitor

Wireless mouse problem VGN-A617S

Hello

What is wrong with my wireless optical mouse? It started to automatically turned off (batteries full charged) yesterday.

Till than mouse turn off every few minutes - very annoying.

If I want it to work, I need to turn it off, remove the batteries and put then back in.

I get mouse (PCGA-WMS5) together with my notebook VGN-A617S.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

It sounds like the batteries have given up the ghost. I would try a set of alkalines to test it.

ch33tor
Visitor

I use alkaline batteries and mouse is working OK.

What this ghost mean? What can I do with rechargeable batteries? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

robpaxton
Explorer

Rechargeables are often slightly lower voltage than the 'equivalent' alkaline batteries.

I would just buy a new set of NiMh rechargeables and try again.

I'm pretty sure Sony don't recommend rechargeables in these mice but I've used them and haven't had any problems.

ch33tor
Visitor

I tried 2 different sets of Sony's Ni-Mh batteries (1700 and 2500 mAh) and problem appear in both cases.

Why this happened at both sets at the same time?

robpaxton
Explorer

Could be that they are lower voltage than the equivalent alkaline. I'm sure Sony cover themselves by recommending that you don't use rechargeables.

The only things you can do are to continue using alkalines or try an alternative make of rechargeables and hope they work.

ch33tor
Visitor

What if I use charger with refresh function, will batteries last longer?

robpaxton
Explorer

Are you talking about refreshing alkalines? I've never used one of these charger types. Perhaps someone else has experience with these things . . . .

koymik
New

Hmmmm.. interesting,, I am using hte cheapest rechargable battery ever since i bought my machine.. and i dont remember having a problem with it.. :wink: :slight_frown: