Join now - be part of our community!

What are these sockets? VGC-RC204

challll
Visitor

What are these sockets? VGC-RC204

I have recently bought a Vaio desktop VGC-RC204 .
On the back of this pc are six sockets that I really can't find any documentation about. What are these sockets used for?
See image (attached, sockets depicted on top).
Thankful for help.

9 REPLIES 9
joeneo13
Visitor

They are from the tv card

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi challll,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Page 45 of the RC204's manual may help you identify the various ports.. :slight_smile:

challll
Visitor

They are from the tv card

Thank you - I am sorry, but I am thinking about the six sockets below the display connectors.
Challl

challll
Visitor

Hi challll,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Page 45 of the RC204's manual may help you identify the various ports.. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this - I alreday checked that - the manual refers to a specification web page that lists different ports on the machine - but it does not say which is which.
Challll

chris_lewis
Visitor

In that case it the sound connections you are looking at, its probably a 5.1 sound card, the little square plug is for an optical audio out which is for hooking the PC up to a Surround sound amp.

HTH

challll
Visitor

In that case it the sound connections you are looking at, its probably a 5.1 sound card, the little square plug is for an optical audio out which is for hooking the PC up to a Surround sound amp.

HTH

Excellent - then I need to know what are the other 5 sockets - sorry for whining about this...
Challll :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The image that you have posted is not very clear.. :slight_frown:

Does this help identify the ports..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you got them all?

In addition to the ones in Thalamus's guide, (4 X USB plus Ethernet) you have a 6-pin Firewire socket.

:thinking:

challll
Visitor

Have you got them all?

In addition to the ones in Thalamus's guide, (4 X USB plus Ethernet) you have a 6-pin Firewire socket.

:thinking:

Thanks, I am getting close. A close look at the six ports give me the following (from left and to the right)
Top row of three:
Blue
green (marked front) : front speakers
pink
bottom row of three:
black (marked rear): rear speakers
yellow (marked center/woofer): woofer speaker
optical out: optical out.
This means I got all covered apart from the blue and green in top row.
The blue has a ---> symbol - means line in?? That would be compatible with the colors of the picture supplied by "Thalamus".
The pink is unmarked and without symbol - MIC???? Any MIC? I am afraid to try it out lest something is destroyed.
I think Sony should be able to tell me what exactly what to connect into these sockets.

Challll [