Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty repair experience- excellent!!

mikezoe
Visitor

Warranty repair experience- excellent!!

My daughter's 6 month old SZ1XP/C packed up on Sunday 19th Nov and was returned this morning 30th in full working order. I thought readers might like to know that thew whole process of notifying Sony and the way in which DHL couriers handled the problem could not be faulted. Sony flew in from Belgium an empty pod the next day, delivered and helped me pack the Vaio and took it off to Alsace in France. (I was able to see progress on the DHL website) and could see the new parts the Sony technicians installed on the Sony website.
Now I was disappointed the Vaio failed after only 6 months light use but given that all laptops are notoriously unreliable I was not surprised. How long it will be before I send it off again only time will tell but based on this experience I shall sleep a little easier from now on. (PS I'm glad I took out 2 extra years warranty!)

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: A happy post... :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Really good to see a happy customer, just hope the laptop works out for you second time round

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mikezoe,

Thanks for taking the trouble to share a happy experience of Sony support with us. There must be thousands of satisfied customers out there but alas most only commit to print when things go wrong.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat