Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-FE31z - Audio Driver problem

soapydux
Visitor

Vaio VGN-FE31z - Audio Driver problem

I did the usual and wiped Microsft Media Centre edition from my brand new FE31z and reinstalled with XP Pro.

I can not get the Audio to work when playing MP3's. It plays the windows start up tunes but not any media through Media Player or Itunes.

I have downloaded hot fix KB888111 and the Driver pack from Sony but these do not seem to work.

Anybody any ideas?

I am competely fed up of this now and am thinking of binning this Vaio in favour of another make !!!!! :devil:

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
aimee_22
Visitor

I did the same thing and now having the exact same problem... Please can anyone offer a solution??

soapydux
Visitor

Right I got it working. Basically the guides on various forumes are correct.

From a fresh Win XP install, you need to run the UAA High Definition Audio Class driver (MS hotfix kb835221.exe). I did this a few times from versions I managed to find on the internet but it didn't seem to work.

Anyway I found this 'hotfix' on a driver folder on my works Vaio (model A617s), so thought i'd try that instead and it worked!! Dunno if its a different version or tailored to Sony but what the hell.

Anyway after fresh XP install run the kb835221.exe and the system will ask for Audio & modem drivers, run the Driver package that can be downloaded from Sony for the FE31z

http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=en

and after a restart it should work. Just load all your other drivers then one by one.

Note I did also have a secondary problem in that the laptop refused to turn off after shut down and this was due to the built in webcam and its driver. I basically haven't loaded the webcam driver and have disabled it in device manager. Will never use it anyhow.

If you cant get hold of kb835221.exe then give me a shout and i'll send it to you.

soapydux@gmail.com

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi soapydux and welcome.

THIS HOTFIX should sort out your camera problem at shutdown.

:wink: