Join now - be part of our community!

TX2HP not booting or freezing after 30secs

scozannet
Visitor

TX2HP not booting or freezing after 30secs

Hi all,

I got a Vaio TX2HP/W since may. Since this morning it keeps freezing and sometimes does not boot at all. :cry:

1/ As it is used for professionnal matters, I often install/desinstall programs. I first thought I had to re-install my Windows XP SP2 using restoration DVDs. Procedure went quite well, but it froze 3 times at the first Windows boot [configuration...]

2/ Freezing happens more often now :thinking:

3/ I tried to boot on my Linux Ubuntu 6.06 but I won't boot this way neither. It say my /dev/hda4/ needs fsck, but it does not change anything. I can notice that fsck says that cylinder counts are not good.

==> On both OS, whenever I can manage to boot, I have about 30sec of system availability [max!]

4/ Freezes can happen on both OS, either with many vertical coloured lines appearing, and the screen goes white then I can do nothing, or with a blue screen. It is quite comparable to this thread http://www.club-vaio.sony-europe.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=34285&offset=25
[about a T1XP freezing]
==> I tried to use the method proposed [remove 8021 ATA driver] but I do not have enough time....

5/ The longer I let it shut down, the longer I can get it to work [apparently]

6/ I got 50% of my data saved, but I still need to recover what is left...

7/ I tried to boot on a Linux live CD [Ubuntu 6.06] but it would not go far enough for me to log on.

8/ In the beginning, holding the power on button 15sec without power supply neither battery made it to boot afterwards. But it is not working anymore.

9/ I tried Windows recovery mode, without any result.

If someone has any idea, suggestion, I would be more than grateful. Thank you in advance...

SaM

3 REPLIES 3
scozannet
Visitor

[SOLVED] I finally managed to get it to work for 10min and was able to save my data...
And Sony's After sale had it repaired in less than 3 days :smileygrin:

BIG Thx!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Nice to hear that Sony aftersales service got it all right this time. Often, on these forums, we only hear of the bad experiences people have.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah good to hear.

Remember this is unofficial support, and we usually refer users to go to VAIO-Link if there's been no satisfactory solution.