Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Utilities

Salvador49
Visitor

Sony Utilities

:thinking: I've had to re-install the Utilities files (all 12 of them) as the volume buttons, CD eject etc had failed. The re-install was partially successful as these now work BUT, the Bluetooth function is now NOT WORKING. Can anyone help me? Vaio support takes 2-3 weeks to reply.
Any help very gratefully received.
Great machine otherwise! (VGN-A417M)

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

Are you sure that you reinstall your LAN switch software,,coz with that you can turn on/off your bluetooth,, check that on the drivers folder located in your C: DRIVE,,(NOT 100% SURE)..ill check tonight im at the office right now,, and were using MAC :smileygrin:

Salvador49
Visitor

:slight_smile: Hi - thanks so much for the advice, but I'm unsure of whether the LAN switch software is one of the 12 utility files I re-installed? If I click on Bluetooth icon in Control Panel it is empty of devices, com ports, or hardware so I guess I need to re-install. Can you direct me to the file to re-install?
Regards,
Salvador

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

it is on the drivers folder on your c drive,(same folder where you found your utilities folder), click the wireless lan folder,, i think its the bottom one,,IM pretty sure that this is what you needed.to solve your problem.. regards. :smileygrin:

Salvador49
Visitor

You were correct. I just needed to enable the device..........Fantastic. I'm very grateful.
Best Wishes....
Salvador

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Salvador49

Welcome to the Club Vaio Forum, after helping via PM I missed your first post.. :smileyd_oh: