Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemoriesHome will not work.

miklinha
Explorer

PlayMemoriesHome will not work.

Over the past few YEARS I have tried to get various versions of PlayMemoriesHome to work on a number of HO desktops and Laptops but ALL Fail.  THe installation goes well and the programme will launch but after half a minute or so I get an error box saying BROWSER HAS STOPPED WORKING and the only option is the close the programme. My current machine is running Windows 8 pre-view, Firefox and HP printer programmes and PlayMemoriesHome is Ver. 2.0.03 04240. I have an Alpha 55 and an Alpha 100.  Clearly I can use other programmes but I would like this to work to see if it is better to link to my cameras as it is not always easy....

Thaks for your ideas.

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
BaadeSony
New

I have the same problem - i works if my ekstra dic is not connected - but as soon as the progarm starts registrer the pictures on teh ekstra dic it colses. 

miklinha
Explorer

Have now upgraded to Windows 10 and - as with all other versions of Windows - PlayMemories still does not work.  The Browser crashes whenever it starts to import photo's.  SONY Support is also RUBBISH as this has been escalated twice at least - which really means you will never hear from us again!   I have 2 Alpha cameras I have seriously thinking of replacing with NIKON.  According to Microsoft Compatibility checks this programme is compatible with Windows XP !!!!!!   No wonder it's rubbish if no-one has refreshed for a decade or more.  

miklinha
Explorer

Intersting to note SONY have posted on JULY 17th that they are looking at WINDOWS 10 Compatibility. I have been beta testing Windows 10 since February and most computers manufacturers would have been involved ealier than that !!   My HP Computers have all been successfully updated to Windows 10 and HP has all the information you need to check out if it should be OK.  Methinks SONY have a long way to go before I buy from them again..........