Join now - be part of our community!

LCD Screen Noise

cphuelva
Visitor

LCD Screen Noise

Hi all,

I bought a Vaio FS315S on December, and immediatly I noticed that when setting brightness less than a full, the lcd panel made an annoying noise.

I opened a case with Sony, it was sent to Service (apparently repaired), but when returned the noise was still there. Might be "normal"? I've tested with others Vaios (not exactly the same I own) and there is no noise...

Note: One month ago I found two or three threats about it in this forum, but by now they have disappeared!

Thanks a lot!

47 REPLIES 47
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah the only option is VL then....
Sorry to hear about your long wait, it sucks

KGEE
Visitor

Hi. How did your repair go. has it come back fixed? My valo came back after they replaced a component.on the system board but it still buzzes. Sent it back again (3rd time) & then I get a call saying they can't find anything wrong with it & there is nothing wrong with that series of laptops. I mean 1st they say there is something wromg then they say there's not??? Boy I wish they would make up there mind. anyway enough of my moaning for now ill post again when I get a decent response from sony or maybe even a fixed laptop.

cphuelva
Visitor

Hi.  How did your repair go. has it come back fixed?  My valo came back after they replaced a component.on the system board but it still buzzes.  Sent it back again (3rd time) & then I get a call saying they can't find anything wrong with it & there is nothing wrong with that series of laptops.  I mean 1st they say there is something wromg then they say there's not??? Boy I wish they would make up there mind.  anyway enough of my moaning for now ill post again when I get a decent response from sony or maybe even a fixed laptop.

Hi again, I just sent my Vaio two weeks ago and it's still on service center. No answer at Sony about how the process is going, they say they have it under investigation to find out the problem and to fix it (because it's the second time it's send...)

I'm calling them now...

cphuelva
Visitor

After calling Sony Vaio-Link, my case was updated with this answer:

*** NOTES 10-Mar-2006 Action Type: Info
Dear Carlos,

The Vaio has been under diagnosis now and no noise problem could be detected. However a flickering has been detected in the LCD screen which has been corrected.

So, the original problem has not been fixed and another problem (not found by me) fixed... :cry:

kee-lo_

Yeah they don't really spend a great deal of time looking for problems which are intemitant :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

cphuelva
Visitor

Hi all!

I have my Vaio back... and ehmm... brightness control doesn't work, the unit has defects (it was sent absolutly new).

I'm... :cry: I'll call Sony Vaio tomorrow and ask for a replacement, no more reparations.

kee-lo_

If it has been damaged I'd be pretty annoyed with them. Might be a good idea to seek help from the citizen's advice bureau too

KGEE
Visitor

Sorry to hear about that, can't believe they damaged it too! i wonder do they actually test the laptop(s) before they send them back to us (obviously not!!) I wonder what state mine will come back in then fingers crossed eh!! Let us know how you got on with getting a replacment & good luck!!! I should have my good/bad news soon i'll let you know...

I know it's a hard thing to ask sony but make it clear you want a new replacment without the same fault, they already gave me a replacement (customer Return) with dead pixels & same buzzing noise..

cphuelva
Visitor

Hi all,

I'm in contact with regional government to find out a solution (they are providing me juridical assistance).

I contacted (again) with Sony (talked with supervisor) and I demanded a replacement, he told with another department and they said they won't change it, the only thing they can do is to send it back (3rd time) to repare.

I went to Sony Spain offices (near my job!), and after wasting some time there, they have escalated the problem... now I'm waiting for a reply.

The current UE laws about warranties allows customers to demand a substition in the six first months (my case!!), so I went to the shop where I bought de Vaio and there is small possibility (not sure) to make the change in the shop (as the law defines), avoiding Sony.

Today has been a hard day 😞

Damo.b
Visitor

I noticed the exact same type of humming noise coming from the lcd of my FS315s when the brghtness is set to anything less then full, i've had to leave it on full now all the time even when running on batteries because the noise is so annoying, i cant work with it...

So whats the final word on this, is it normal, or is it a problem with these Lcd's, and can it be fixed???