Join now - be part of our community!

LCD Screen Noise

cphuelva
Visitor

LCD Screen Noise

Hi all,

I bought a Vaio FS315S on December, and immediatly I noticed that when setting brightness less than a full, the lcd panel made an annoying noise.

I opened a case with Sony, it was sent to Service (apparently repaired), but when returned the noise was still there. Might be "normal"? I've tested with others Vaios (not exactly the same I own) and there is no noise...

Note: One month ago I found two or three threats about it in this forum, but by now they have disappeared!

Thanks a lot!

47 REPLIES 47
KGEE
Visitor

Been in touch with sony & they said this is a fault that is currently under investigation & that it is most likely to be a fault with the motherboard :slight_frown: So once again i'm sending my laptop off to be repaired :angry: No explanation of why i was sent a replacement with the same fault though.....Wonder what will go wrong this time... Fingers crossed eh!!

cphuelva
Visitor

Been in touch with sony & they said this is a fault that is currently under investigation & that it is most likely to be a fault with the motherboard :slight_frown: So once again i'm sending my laptop off to be repaired :angry: No explanation of why i was sent a replacement with the same fault though.....Wonder what will go wrong this time... Fingers crossed eh!!

Hi again. One question, how did you contacted with Sony? Did you call them? I'm using the "case manager" on vaio-link but i'm being absluty ignored 😞

KGEE
Visitor

Hi, yes i called them & i would recommend you do the same if your getting no response heres the web address to get the telephone helpline for your product

http://www.vaio-link.com/contacts/contacts.asp?l=en

All the best!!

Amika
Visitor

I bought Vaio FS495VP for a couple of days ago and I noticed the same noice ..does Sony have any solution to this problem? otherwise I'm going to take the laptop back to the reseller I demand money back....

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Take it back to the retailer it'll be faster than VAIO-Link

cphuelva
Visitor

Thanks, but I bought this unit two months ago, and the retailer doesn't provide assistance, I have to contact with vaio link mandatory.

cphuelva
Visitor

Hi, yes i called them & i would recommend you do the same if your getting no response heres the web address to get the telephone helpline for your product

http://www.vaio-link.com/contacts/contacts.asp?l=en

All the best!!

I've called them today and they will pick my vaio again in the following days grr. I've adviced them that if the reparation is not succesful, I'll demand a replacement.

KGEE
Visitor

I bought Vaio FS495VP for a couple of days ago and I noticed the same noice ..does Sony have any solution to this problem? otherwise I'm going to take the laptop back to the reseller I demand money back....

I strongly agree!! take it back to your retailer & DON'T let em send it off to vaio link for a repair. If i were you i'd ask for a replacement & test it in the shop.

KGEE
Visitor

Thanks, but I bought this unit two months ago, and the retailer doesn't provide assistance, I have to contact with vaio link mandatory.

You are not alone my poor replacement/second user vaio is on it's way to Vaio Link France as we speak (I live in UK figure that out). What a deal eh buy a new 1 get a second user 1 in it's place then send that off for repair too. I hope they sort you out better than me my case has been ongoing since late december :angry:

cphuelva
Visitor

You are not alone my poor replacement/second user vaio is on it's way to Vaio Link France as we speak (I live in UK figure that out). What a deal eh buy a new 1 get a second user 1 in it's place then send that off for repair too. I hope they sort you out better than me my case has been ongoing since late december :angry:

Hi again. Yes, it's a problem... i'm from Spain, and I have to send to France too via DHL, which is too dificult (i'm working when DHL comes to pick up the vaio).

I'm receiving the special box tomorrow, and I hope to send vaio to France on friday. I'll post a reply when I have my vaio back, and I hope will come totally repaired!