Join now - be part of our community!

LCD Screen Noise

cphuelva
Visitor

LCD Screen Noise

Hi all,

I bought a Vaio FS315S on December, and immediatly I noticed that when setting brightness less than a full, the lcd panel made an annoying noise.

I opened a case with Sony, it was sent to Service (apparently repaired), but when returned the noise was still there. Might be "normal"? I've tested with others Vaios (not exactly the same I own) and there is no noise...

Note: One month ago I found two or three threats about it in this forum, but by now they have disappeared!

Thanks a lot!

47 REPLIES 47
ant1uk
Visitor

sounds like the inverter

theFOX
Visitor

no LCD screen should not make any noise.
CRT may make but not LCD

cphuelva
Visitor

CRT may make but not LCD

May be other component? It seems to come from the LCD... it's a constant noise...

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

CRT may make but not LCD

May be other component? It seems to come from the LCD... it's a constant noise...

Thanks!

Hi cphuelva,

I get a slight hum if I reduce the brightness of my screen. I'm guessing now but if you use a dimmer to dim lights in a house sometimes the dimmer switch makes a hum, so maybe it's down to a resister or transistor like device. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

A quick look on google and I have found mention of this from owners of different Vaio models, so yes I guess it may be 'normal' :slight_frown:

cphuelva
Visitor

CRT may make but not LCD

Thanks!

Hi cphuelva,

I get a slight hum if I reduce the brightness of my screen. I'm guessing now but if you use a dimmer to dim lights in a house sometimes the dimmer switch makes a hum, so maybe it's down to a resister or transistor like device. :thinking:

So... in other words, this might be normal... What I can't understand is why other vaio notebooks don't have the same noise...

Anyway, I'll use it with full brigthness!

Thanks a lot!

cphuelva
Visitor

tash_edwards89
Visitor

Hi. I no this isn't going to be much help. But I have the FS315E and I have no problem with the screen it at any brightness.
I never makes any kind of noise.

KGEE
Visitor

Hi

I purchased a fs315b noticed the same noise when i dim the brightness. I contacted sony & they recommended it should be sent in to be checked over problem is they lost it in the process. Got a fs315s for replacement this week & as you know makes a noise when i dim the brightness. I'll contact sony again now & ask em t check one of their own laptops & i'll let you know what they say..