Join now - be part of our community!

LATEST WINDOWS VISTA BUILD 5834.4 ON PCV-W1

Deen1990
Visitor

LATEST WINDOWS VISTA BUILD 5834.4 ON PCV-W1

Hi there everyone, my uncil has a member ship with Microsoft's MSDN.com's website and he downloaded for me the Windows Vista and all I can say is "WOW" everything is great, im using the PCV-W1 with the latest VISTA build (5384.4) and it runs fine, Vista comes with media center as standard with all versions which are going to be released, everything works fine,
The following are the probleams encounted with upgrading a standard vaio to VISTA.

1) MPEG Encoder OnBoard cannot be used with media center and the Giga Pocket software is not avalable for download.

2) The standard remote controls (RM-GP5U) functions do not work appart from the "Application Start & Application Stop" buttons.

3)1394 Port is not active in VISTA with the vaio (for the time being)

4) The MPEG OnBoard Tuner is not compatable with Windows Media Center TV features.

The Following are successes of Windows Vista On a Vaio.

1)All Applications run fine appart from Giga Pocket.

2) Drivers are provided automaticly for the MPEG OnBoard Tuner.

3) All standard Utilitys for any Vaio works fine with Windows Vista.

4) Windows Vista Classes the computer With Its orinigal name, E.g. SONY CORP is listed on the System Properties Control Pannel.

There Are Some Screen Shots Below for you too see, It took me along time to upload them because I had to put them on my MSN Space and upload them from there. ENJOY

If anyone wants me to carry out any tests on the Windows Vista OS please feel free to write back on this forum or email me at Lalami1990@yahoo.co.uk

10 REPLIES 10
Deen1990
Visitor

If anyone would like to see if the Vaio is Vista Ready then please download the ,Microsoft Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser the Upgrade Adviser will check your computers hardware and software meet Windows Vista's Requirements. The Upgrade Adviser will tell you what software will you be able to keep on vista for example, Sonicstage is compatable but Nero is not. so Nero would have to be unstalled before upgrading.

Precautions to take before running the TEST!

1)Connect all of your hardware (Printers, Scanners, Bluetooth adapters, External CD/DVD or HD Drives if owned.

2) Close All Running Apps Including Apps in the taskbar (Msn Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Skype or any other programs you might have.

3) Remove all Discs from media for the Examination Process to run perfect.

You can download the software at [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx [/url]

I Hope this helps alot in your choice in the Vista which will suit your needs, E.g Vista home, Vista Home Ulitmate, Vista Pro, Vista Pro Ulitmate & Vista Ulitmate.

Deen1990
Visitor

I managed to make the Vaio remote control to fully function on WIndows Vista now :smileygrin:

Check back and I'll keep everyone updated on the latest info with Vista working on a Vaio System:smileyhappy:

Deen1990
Visitor

Please note that your monitor or notebook display would have to support 640x800 70hz to enable the bios features because after installing Windows Vista your bios will be updated.

Deen1990
Visitor

Hi everyone, I managed to get the Giga Pocket tuner working but with another program called Sage TV. It can be downloaded from the SageTV website
It seems to be working much better then the standard Giga Pocket software, Sage TV Allows me to use Teletext with the Sony MPEG Encoder OnBoard. :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Wow that looks great Deen, but can you watch TV at all, even though it's found some drivers?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Looks good..640x800 seems a bit strange..:smileyconfused:

Deen1990
Visitor

Yeah its all goin well but the TV feature is still getting on my nerves, The probleam is that you can not use Giga Pocket on Vista at the moment so I got this SageTV thing working and it all seems to be going fine even to all the orinigal drivers for the tuner are installed.

800x600 isnt compatable with the W1 Display so I went onto safe mode using(640x800) and installed the Display Drivers and changed the res to 1280x760 and restarted the machene and everything is working fine:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nice to hear a success story

Deen1990
Visitor

I just ordered the new media center version of the vaio remote from ebay :smileygrin: with any luck this should work fine with it :slight_smile: