Join now - be part of our community!

how can I shift back to vista?

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
olga.perera
Visitor

how can I shift back to vista?

Hi,

I need a help on my Vaio.. It had Windows Vista on it and I tried a clean installation of Windows 7 on it. Which is to say that I have formatted the hard disk without taking a up-to-date backup.. :slight_frown:

Now I need to go back to Vista because I was happier with the default settings of the machine with Vista than the current system. I have got 3 recovery disks with me, but when I try to recover the system back to Vista it fails. I guess this is because I have formatted the hard disk.

What should I do?? Is it impossible to recover from disks without the factory-preconfigured hard disk part??

Please help !!!

Thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
olga.perera
Visitor

Hello  Thalamus,

Thanks for your suggestions. :slight_smile:

I could use my recovery disks and attempted a last trial on recovering the machine and it worked at last... :slight_smile:

Releived.. thanks again :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi olga.perera,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Are you sure that you have formatted the HDD recovery partition.?

Just to be sure have you tried restarting your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly..

This should start the recovery process using the hidden HDD recovery partition.

Then follow the recovery instructions to complete the process.

If this does not work then there is a chance that your recovery disc's may be corrupt.

You can, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support which should allow you to restore the original Vaio  supplied OS and applications..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

olga.perera
Visitor

Hello  Thalamus,

Thanks for your suggestions. :slight_smile:

I could use my recovery disks and attempted a last trial on recovering the machine and it worked at last... :slight_smile:

Releived.. thanks again :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent, may be worth burning a extra set of recovery disc's as a back up..:smileywink: