Join now - be part of our community!

Help! What have I done...

profile.country.en_GB.title
candj23
Visitor

Help! What have I done...

Hi all,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ4XWN-C I have had this for some 4 or 5 years and it has NEVER given me a moments problem. Recently I had to upgrade to a VPCEB3LOE for work but still wish to use the VGN as its so lightweight and easy to use.

I was advised to boot the machine from the Original Saved Disks so that I could get it back to Factory Shipment state. This I did and read some blub about Scan & Erase so that it cleared all the drive out if I was selling it and this seemed the best way to go. However having done this with the first Disk of 2 that I made when I first got the Laptop, I now seem to have nothing on it at all! At the end of its process it asked me to click okay or similar and the PC Shutdown. Then when I tried to satrt it again all I get is The Black Screen with "Operating System not found" I have cahcked the Bios and it tells me that the HDD is Okay and still there but there is noting there to boot from? I still have my two rescue disks but these seem useless at this point. Do I need to get the Vista OS back on and if so how and where would I get it/them from?

Many thanks in advance. :anguished:

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0