Join now - be part of our community!

Few Problems with my VAIO AR11B

MikeRebel
Visitor

Few Problems with my VAIO AR11B

Hello

I Have some problems with my Sony Vaio AR11B after reinstaling my system from XP Media Center to XP Pro. I had to do it becouse I bought my Vaio in Germany and I'am from poland. I could't work on German Windows XP becouse I didin't understand anything. Here are the problems and questions:

1. My Windows doesen't shut down. When I klick to shut it down it freezes on the last screen when it's trying to shut it down. I have read some topics on this forum but I don't know what to do. Please HELP !

2. What Drivers I should dawnload for my GeForce Go 7400 ??

3. When I bought my Vaio I had installed all programs on it, like SonicStage, Sony MasteringStudio etc. From Where can I get them ?? I haven't been given any CD when I bought my Vaio. Only 1 with Films

4. I Dawnloaded some drivers from the Support page but most of them I Can't instal becouse they doesen't recognize my Notebook as a SONY VAIO. What should I do ??

5. After Reinstaling the system to XP Pro all of my hotkeys stoped working. The only one's that's working are the +/- Volume & Mute Sound. The Rest as AV MODE (STOP), (NEXT) , (REVIOUS) and important The Open CD Button wich is situated near the Mute Button Doesen't Work. Can somebody Help ?

IF anybody knows how to solve my problems please answer :slight_smile:

29 REPLIES 29
CrazyCow
Visitor

Perfect! Glad it worked

i will re-install XP Pro right away!!

// CrazyCow

CrazyCow
Visitor

Yes, it really did the trick for me!

Sony made the hotfix available at the following location:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNUX180P&upd_id=2228&os_id=7

Otherwise you have to contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the Hotfix.

Thanks CrazyCow :cool:

Darn, noticed that the hotfix only works on US, canadian and Latin American systems. When I try to install the patch I get a message saying it can't be installed on my system since the language is different from the update language (I'm using a swedish version of XP Pro). The thing is my system has not frozen one time since I re-installed, been booting about 20 times but I guess it's just a matter of time before it will. Any suggestions of how to find the patch for none US systems? Can't find it on Microsoft website.

decoy
Visitor

Try calling Microsoft Sweden?

KyriakosP
Visitor

i need step by step procedure what to do with nlite...

thanks...

KyriakosP
Visitor

also if anayone looking for tha graphics drivers i recomend www.tweaksrus.com

MikeRebel
Visitor

*****.... i Can't install it becouse my languge is diffrent 😕 .... my XP is polish .... **** !

Edited - Profanity

CrazyCow
Visitor

*****.... i Can't install it becouse my languge is diffrent 😕 .... my XP is polish .... ****!

I'm using a swedish version of XP Pro and worked around the problem with a USB hub. Read more here:
http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=35725

// CrazyCow

MikeRebel
Visitor

So I must buy a USB Hub ?? It is the only way ?? I don't have to install these drivers ??

You have writen a solution with the Motion Eye (Camera). I need it all the time, Do I have to Turn it off ??

CrazyCow
Visitor

Yes, I think thats the only solution on a none english operative system, no patches are available. You could try to find a English version of XP Pro and then install the language pack, in that case the 909667 hotfix will work.
What exactly do you mean by "don't have to install these drivers"? Are you referring to the drivers for the internal USB camera or the USB hub?
In both ways you don't need to worry about any drivers since camera and hub will work once you finished the installation of XP Pro.

badpoet
Visitor

hi all,

i am trying to do the install as you menton using the driver pack from sony but i am having problems getting the sata and raid drivers to work on my vgn-ar11s.

My machine is basically saying it cannot find the appropriate driver int hose files, anyone have any ideas?

I have tried this remaking an xp pro cd or using the f6 option with a boot floppy.

Thanks!