Join now - be part of our community!

Few Problems with my VAIO AR11B

MikeRebel
Visitor

Few Problems with my VAIO AR11B

Hello

I Have some problems with my Sony Vaio AR11B after reinstaling my system from XP Media Center to XP Pro. I had to do it becouse I bought my Vaio in Germany and I'am from poland. I could't work on German Windows XP becouse I didin't understand anything. Here are the problems and questions:

1. My Windows doesen't shut down. When I klick to shut it down it freezes on the last screen when it's trying to shut it down. I have read some topics on this forum but I don't know what to do. Please HELP !

2. What Drivers I should dawnload for my GeForce Go 7400 ??

3. When I bought my Vaio I had installed all programs on it, like SonicStage, Sony MasteringStudio etc. From Where can I get them ?? I haven't been given any CD when I bought my Vaio. Only 1 with Films

4. I Dawnloaded some drivers from the Support page but most of them I Can't instal becouse they doesen't recognize my Notebook as a SONY VAIO. What should I do ??

5. After Reinstaling the system to XP Pro all of my hotkeys stoped working. The only one's that's working are the +/- Volume & Mute Sound. The Rest as AV MODE (STOP), (NEXT) , (REVIOUS) and important The Open CD Button wich is situated near the Mute Button Doesen't Work. Can somebody Help ?

IF anybody knows how to solve my problems please answer :slight_smile:

29 REPLIES 29
CrazyCow
Visitor

Hi!

First of all I'm very interesting of how you managed to change from Media Center to XP Pro? This has been a big problem for many on this forum, including myself. Which SATA-drivers did you use during the installation program?

Well, to your problems. First you should download the files AR11_Drivers.zip and AR11_Utilities.zip. These files should solve many of your issues.
In order to get your graphic card working I suggest you first visit
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp and download the 7400 drivers. If these drivers doesn't work you could go to
laptopvideo2go.com and read their instructions carefully.

nVidia drivers are based on a system called Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) which means all nVidia card drivers are using one driver. However for some reasons, they just remove the support for installing those drivers for some cards, and mostly laptop-based GO cards.

Afterwards you can download the modified driver you prefer.

In order to make your hot keys working you can read this thread:
http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=31742

Good luck!

MikeRebel
Visitor

You can simply reinstal your operating system like this:

1. There is a program called nLite http://www.nliteos.com/ download it!
2. Copy the Files from The Win XP Pro to your disk :
a)Make a folder on your C Drive C:\Win XP
b)Copy all the files from the CD to this folder
3. Download the A11-B Drivers
4. Instal nLite and by this program use the option to make a instalation of win XP with adding the drivers for A11-B or other model (depends of your model of the Notebook)
5. Then you must make a bootable CD by Burning it from the ISO wich you made by nLite
6. Restart Your Computer , boot from the CD and make a new instalation of the operating system

THAT IS ALL :slight_smile:

Now to my problem....

I have installed all the Drivers and Utilities accept those that I could not. And I have the same problem whit the freezing when my windows shuts down 😕

KingGeorge
Visitor

Hello Mike,
what about the recovery partition that was on your system when you got it? You should be able to find the missing drivers there... It is a hidden partition on your hard drive, google on how to browse it.
Greetz

MikeRebel
Visitor

When I reainstalled my system I have delated this partition and created 3 new ones...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

King George posted: what about the recovery partition that was on your system when you got it?  You should be able to find the missing drivers there... It is a hidden partition on your hard drive, google on how to browse it.
Greetz

I don't think you can browse the hidden partition..:smileyconfused:

Vaio drivers can be downloaded via Vaio-Link..

CrazyCow
Visitor

You can simply reinstal your operating system like this:

1. There is a program called nLite http://www.nliteos.com/ download it!
2. Copy the Files from The Win XP Pro to your disk :
a)Make a folder on your C Drive C:\Win XP
b)Copy all the files from the CD to this folder
3. Download the A11-B Drivers
4. Instal nLite and by this program use the option to make a instalation of win XP with adding the drivers for A11-B or other model (depends of your model of the Notebook)
5. Then you must make a bootable CD by Burning it from the ISO wich you made by nLite
6. Restart Your Computer , boot from the CD and make a new instalation of the operating system

THAT IS ALL :slight_smile:

Now to my problem....

I have installed all the Drivers and Utilities accept those that I could not. And I have the same problem whit the freezing when my windows shuts down 😕

Thanks alot for your help, will try as soon as possible!
The freezing is probably due to your lack of graphic drivers. Did you manage to install them?

MikeRebel
Visitor

No problem. When I bought my VAIO I had 3 days of non stop working and searching the internet for the solution to this problem... :slight_smile:

I have installed the newest drivers from laptopvideo2go and the problem is still... hmmm is there another way to repair it ??

CrazyCow
Visitor

Now I installed Win XP Pro and having the exact same freezing problem. Not sure what to do, been trying all night to find a solution but couldn't come up with anything. For me this only occurs when shutting down the computer, so only way is to hold down the power button. Does your computer also freeze when working or only during shutdown process?
Really hope we can work this out, getting so tired of this lame notebook...

MikeRebel
Visitor

It's wierd becouse yesterday my system closed normally.
It freezes only on the shutdown process.
Did You instal other drivers too on you Vaio ??
Maby The problem lies in one of the drivers.