Join now - be part of our community!

FE21M Problem with Media Center...

yuhaizad
Visitor

FE21M Problem with Media Center...

Hi all...
I´ve connected my notebook FE21M to tv using S-Video output from notebook to Scart-input on my tv (normal tv, not HDTV). The problem is, when I open Media Center on my notebook, it runs ok. But when I switch the display to tv and run Media Center in full sreen, the tv display turns black with flicker, but I could still hear the sound. I also found out that the flicker-filter in nVidia control panel had somehow changed itself from original setting (127%) to 0%. I´ve changed back this setting to 127% and tried to run Media Center one more time, but I´m still experiencing the same problem.
I´ve also tried to run Media Center in windowed size (meaning: not fullscreen)..and it runs ok on tv screen.So, I cannot run Media Center in fullscreen on my tv.
My graphic card is GeForce Go 7600. Updating the driver didn´t solve my problem....
If someone has solution for this problem, please help me...

5 REPLIES 5
Dekesh
Visitor

i am not sure if this is a solution but close media centre then connect your tv up and then try running media centre and see if that helps the problem. usually if u have motion on the screen (like a playing video for example) and then you connect a tv, only a blank screen will be displayed. give it a try it mite work

yuhaizad
Visitor

i´ve tried your suggestion, but that did not solve the problem. All i get is just a black screen with some flicker on it. Also when i use dual display (both on notebook and tv simultaneously), the display on notebook is also just black, similar to the tv.

dusty1
Visitor

i´ve tried your suggestion, but that did not solve the problem. All i get is just a black screen with some flicker on it. Also when i use dual display (both on notebook and tv simultaneously), the display on notebook is also just black, similar to the tv.

I have a vaio fe21h and a hd tv, but i have to adjust the resolution of my vaio to 1024x768 and then use tv software to expand the picture as the hd tvs only display around 1300 (and something) x 768 (WHICH IS A 1080i tv, the letter i is for interlaced but will display 720 progressive) unless you buy 1080p hdtv which costs alot
I think a non hd tv only displays 500 (and something lines) of resolution
check this out http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6361600-1.html

hopefully this information is what your looking for

catrapumba
Visitor

Exactly the same problem on my VGN- FE21S - just like yuhaizad posted.

Both black flickering on laptop's LCD, as well as, normal (Standard definition) 16:9 TV screen.

(I also have the dreaded clicking hard drive to cap it all) What is up $ony?

arsecheese
Visitor

hi... i think i had the same flicker problem up until 5 minutes ago... i just went into the NVIDIA control panel... selected 'change the signal or HD format'

went to 1.TV... 2. s-video 3. UK-Pal... and whe i applied the changed the flicker has completely gone... YESSSS

it's been bothering me for ages... and now crystal clear... hope you can do the same!! 🐵