Join now - be part of our community!

European modem settings

pgardin3
Visitor

European modem settings

Hi,
Can anyone help me with this?
When I take my notebook to Spain I cannot connect to the internet via dial up.
I have the Telefonica software installed but I get an error saying "no dialtone".
I know that the Spanish telephone network uses a different dialtone to the uk and guess that this is the problem.
I have told my computer that it is in Spain before trying to connect but still no luck.
Are there some other settings I need to change in either the modem or my computer.
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello from Spain

What Telefonica software do you mean? Telefónica Net Base? Are you the owner of the telephone number where you try to connect?

I'll talk with a friend working in Telefonica but please give us a bit more details...

PD
First of all, try using the "Internet connection wizard", choose Spain and check the "Use area code..." and then enter the username, password and DNS you were given.

pgardin3
Visitor

Hello from Spain

What Telefonica software do you mean? Telefónica Net Base? Are you the owner of the telephone number where you try to connect?

I'll talk with a friend working in Telefonica but please give us a bit more details...

PD
First of all, try using the "Internet connection wizard", choose Spain and check the "Use area code..." and then enter the username, password and DNS you were given.

Hi,
I think it's the telefonica net base, it's just the dial up software instalation disk that they sent me.
Yes I do own the line where I am connecting from and I am paying a subscription to telefonica for the line and dial up access.
I've tried setting up the connection manualy and with the wizard, each time it just says that there is no dial tone.
The telephone socket works perfectly with a phone.
Thanks for any more ideas.