Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Playback vgn-fe21b

swoodage
Visitor

DVD Playback vgn-fe21b

My dvd playback is jerky and there is alot of static and gaps in the sound whilst playing dvds. Music played from Cds seems to play fine. :slight_frown:

This problem has just started I don't think I have changed anything, thought i understand very little about computers.

Any help or advice much appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi swoodage and welcome to Club Vaio.

I don't know which Optical Drive you have in your FE21B but there is a firmware update at VAIO-LINK dated 1/12/06 if you have the Pioneer DVR-K16.

There are other updates for the Matshita drive and for your nVidia card but these date from June - when did you last update your Vaio?

:thinking:

Aeivan
Visitor

I've just installed this firmware upgrade on my FE11H - but after I installed it I noticed that my drive is shown as DVR-K16M in device manager.
The upgrade state only DVR-K16 (without the M suffix). Not sure that I should have installed it now!?
(Sorry Swwodage - realise this doesn't help you none! - but might be worth checking the specific K16 type on your machine before you run the upgrade?)

avkraaij
Visitor

I had the same problem with my fe21b. I suspect it was caused by the divx and vidx codecs I installed. The problem was that I could not completely remove them. In the end I reinstalled the C-drive with the Vaio recovery tool. Now DVD playback works fine again. I use ffdshow for divx and vidx encoded videos.

LEVELman
Visitor

Be sure to check this: http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=35304

btw... vaio link update page is seriously quite useless page :tongue: (cuz actually I believe the graphic card drivers I downloaded from there make this problem... I am quite sure that swoodage made the same but he has no idea that can affect his playback. and btw for vaio experts to know: fe21b have Sony DVD RW-G520A drive, and there are no updates on vaio link for that one. However I tryed to install a firmware for my drive, but it just showed me a message: "no supported drive detected" so another useless thingy :tongue: