Join now - be part of our community!

Bug In Software And Poor Software?

Automan
Visitor

Bug In Software And Poor Software?

Hi, I have had my Vaio Pocket now for a few days.

Like some others at first I thought it was broken as I could not get past the language selection of setup.

The guide does not make it very clear that the 25 touch buttons are also physical buttons that must be pressed like a mobile phone button to actually make a selection.

Now my bug.
My tracks have accurate tags but if I select an artist e.g. 10cc and pick all 10cc tracks I get Mungo Jerry!

It seems the player does not understand compilation CD's

I also have a NW-HD1 which plays just 10cc tracks correctly loaded from the same SonicStage 2.2 library.

Next.
After loading 10,000 tracks the player needs 30minutes to index them - this is very poor. the NW-HD1 does the same sort of thing in under a minute.

Also if you then just add one track it takes another six minutes to index the data. This is worse than the first Creative HD machines from over two years ago!

Next.
Photo Playback
No option for slide show speed, zoom or any resume.

I also loaded under USER_001 all my photos in folders made out of the date they were taken.

Stupid me thought I would be able to select a folder to view but no. It just plays the lot from the start (4,300 images).

The only option is to put each date under a USER_XXX folder and create an excel spreadsheet listing USER_XXX to a given shooting date - Very poor show 😞

Next
Intertrack gaps
This device seems to wait for a track to end and then starts up the hard drive to play the next. Again this is the action of a primitive HD based player from last century.

Again the NW-HD1 can playback without gaps the same atrac3plus files.

Next
Scroll Down / Scroll Up
The menu covers the first characters of the album or track name you are trying to find. - poor show.

With all those 25 keys I'm sure it would have been possible to allow some alpha input to speed up the finding of a track or album.

Once you have 20,000 tracks loaded I'm sure you will get fed up trying to find a album with a name starting with a letter in the middle of the alphabet.

I think these are all my main points :slight_smile:

Regards

Automan.

10 REPLIES 10
Automan
Visitor

One other small point about Sonicstage.

It puts all of the "optimized tracks" in one folder on your PC.

Thus I have one with over 9,600 files in and of course this player has a 26,000 file limit I feel this could lead to some duplicate name problems.

It is also strange as I bet you will find each folder / playlist on the Vaio Pocket most likely has a limit of 999 items.

The NW-HD1 has anyway.

Automan.