Join now - be part of our community!

*******BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE ON AR-SERIES*******

Saul
Visitor

*******BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE ON AR-SERIES*******

I have just bought myself an AR Vaio and was wondering if you knowledgable people could help me out?

I'd like to know whether you can play and record in normal DVD format firstly onto normal CD/DVD'S on the Blu-Ray optical drive, and secondly whether you can record in this format onto Blu-Ray Discs?

I'd also like to know whether the Blu-ray Discs are 're-writable' ie. can u add and delete data on them or are they for writing only once?

And as a side issue, the AR vaio has no Diskette drive so I was wondering how on earth do I create Back-up discs?

I'd be much obliged for your expertise. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
admin
Visitor

Yes you can burn normal DVD format onto DVD's there is also a DVD drive combined , You could also do this onto blu-ray disc but it won't be recognised by a normal DVD player, only a PC with a blu-ray drive.

You can get rewritable blu-ray disc.

Why not backup onto CD, DVD or Blu-ray ? or backup onto a USB memory key device...

Zagster
Visitor

Hi Saul,

You could check out my review on AR21S.

I also agree with thorprermark when it comes to backing up... You wouldn't get much data on a 1.44Mb floppy disk. I would only use it for a boot disk really, but why not create a boot CD instead?

Stam

Saul
Visitor

Thanks thorpemark thats just what i wanted to know about the Blu-ray discs. Cheers

Stam, hi, yes i thought it may be possible to create a boot CD but will have to read up on it. Will check out your review right away. Thanks for the advice.

Saul