Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Fx30 - version 3.0 - CANNOT SHOT IN TRUE 24 fps? Can I downgrade?

profile.country.DK.title
Maria_B
New

Sony Fx30 - version 3.0 - CANNOT SHOT IN TRUE 24 fps? Can I downgrade?

Hello! 

I have updated to the newest firmware 3.0 for my Sony ILME-FX30 - and I thought it would be possible to finally shoot in true 24 fps - but I still cannot choose that as an option?

Was it only the version 2.0 that had the true 24 fps? Is it possible to go down to version 2.0 if I now have version 3.0?

Or should version 3.0 also have the option of shooting in true 24 fps?

I really hope anyone can help me! Have been trying to reach Sony support without any success at all unfortunately..

best, m.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Maria_B,

usually the 24fps option is only available when the camera is set to the NTSC video system - you are probably in PAL, which makes this option unavailable.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

What are the reasons behind the choice to prevent the extensive use of all possibilities in every geographical area configuration?

profile.country.DK.title
Maria_B
New

No, in nets it's only possible to shoot in "false" 24 fps (23.98) and it says in sonys information about the new upgrade that true 24 fps would be possible after upgrading to version 2.0. 

I have version 3.0 - so I'm wondering whether they took that option away? Which seems very strange...

And if I might be able to downgrade to version 2.0..

Or... if there is something else that is wrong since I cannot choose 24 fps in my camera..

Best, 

m.

profile.country.GB.title
petomki83
New

On the FX3, true 24P is only available in Cinema 4K resolution, not HD or UHD. Have you tried selecting that resolution?