Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-AX53 Remote Control ?

FDR-AX53 Remote Control ?

My Old Handycam has a remote control pad which has good uses in certain situations, but I cannot seem to find out if the FDR-AX53 has one OR an equivalent method ( ie android app ) to do this function. I sometimes want to zoom in/out from fixed tripod on one camera whilst mobile with other camera. Thanks for any help.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Tantramancan

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just seen your post.

You can indeed use your smart phone or tablet as a remote control although functions are limited. Sere the owners help guide http://helpguide.sony.net/cam/1630/v1/en/print.pdf  and refer to pages 67 through to 74. I can use my iPhone and the zoom function does work.

Hope this helps.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there ,

the "PlayMemories Mobile" App should do the trick.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
mossieman
New

I also have a FDR AX53 camcorder and like you was looking for a remote control. However.l happen to have an old sony camcorder that uses mini discs, it has a remote control, l tried it las night in the AX53, it stops/starts recording with NO issues, the zoom also works, a tad slow tho, but still ok.

look for a sony RMT-835

profile.country.GB.title
Ratdog1952
Explorer

Can you tell me how you got the RMT-835 remote to pair with the AX53?  I can't find any settings to connect with the remote.

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
mossieman
New

Hi there,
You do not need to pair the remote with the camera it should work as is, however you need to have the remote pointing to the camera on the RIGHT hand side.
I found it worked best with the remote about 1 metre away from the camera.
Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Mark
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
profile.country.GB.title
Ratdog1952
Explorer

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  I originally couldn't get it to do anything.  I did find in the "Settings"

menu, an option to turn remote control on and off.  Once I enabled that, the RMT-835 worked!

Thanks again!

Don

Mordorad
New

I also have an RMT-835 and it does work with my FDR-AX53. You have to go into the SETUP menu and scroll down until you find REMOTE CONTROL and switch it on.

profile.country.GB.title
mossieman
New

ok you need to go into the cameras settings and find the setting for the remote and then turn it on
l found that it works best from a120 degree arc in front of the camera

let me know how you get on
Mark

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.US.title
stanfrench
New

I was desperately looking for a way to control the playback of my Sony camcorder FDR-AX53. Many people, including the Sony technical support reps, said there was no remote for playback. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the RMT-835 remote does work. It was designed for its big brother, the FDR-AX100 but is also compatible with the FDR-AX53. It's so much easier to playback video using the remote rather than pressing buttons on the small LCD screen of the camera.