Join now - be part of our community!

Time lapse Help

profile.country.GB.title
Martinturner86
Explorer

Time lapse Help

I downloaded the time-lapse app and am struggling to find the best way to get the video file on to my phone.

You cannot send directly from the app itself and the video file doesn't appear in the media.

I've connected it to my laptop and downloaded it from the app, but then its in an avi format so having to run it through a file converter to get it in MP4 so I can share on Instagram ... Feels really longwinded?! 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Martin,

Can you let me know the full model number of the camera you are using?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Martinturner86
Explorer

Hi Sean

It's a Sony alpha a6000 and I'm using the play memories timelapse app. 

I don't get an option to transfer the video to my smartphone, so I have to go an locate the file by connecting to a laptop.

I can't post this video straight to something like Instagram due to the file format so I'm having to run it through a file converter which is quite a long and painful process! 

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Martin,

Well, I just checked the instructions manual of the app and it's stated in the notes there that transferring the movie files created by the app to smartphones and computers using Wi-Fi is not possible https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/manual/IS9104-NPIA09014_00-000003/en/index.html .

Sadly the long winded process is the only way.

All the best,

Tenneen9000