Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7R V update

profile.country.GB.title
S-Fitzpatrick
New

Sony A7R V update

I have tried several times to download the most resent update for my Sony A7R V. It downloads ok but the file will show up with the Dell spanner logo and won't open. I have tried on another make of laptop and it still won't open. I have updated all my other lenses and my Sony A1 with no problem. Can you please help. Thanks,  Sean

3cd9d13c-632e-4a54-a179-03583f17d436.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Forgive me but, the File must not be opened but transferred to the SD ...

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-7-series/ilce-7rm5/software/00292265

5. Save the BODYDATA.DAT file in the root directory of the memory card.

profile.country.GB.title
Foleyan
Explorer

I am also having difficulty updating the firmware to my A7R5. I have downloaded the update, transferred it to my SD card but when I insert it into the camera I get the following message ‘There is no media card inserted in slot 1, there is no update file in the media or the file is damaged’ The file is definitely on my SD card. Any help would be appreciated.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

?

WARNING! Make sure that there is only one BODYDATA.DAT file on the memory card.
profile.country.GB.title
Foleyan
Explorer

Thanks, but when I open my sd card there are 3 files already Database, M4root and Sony which file should I put the Bodydata.dat in?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to Format the card with the PC (be careful if you have Data inside) and transfer only BODYDATA.DAT

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In any case, Files of that type are usually placed in the Main Root, not in Folders or Sub-Folders.
profile.country.GB.title
Foleyan
Explorer

Ok have now done that but still have the same situation when sd card is inserted into camera,

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Are you sure your Camera doesn't already have that firmware version?
Is there any way to use a different SD Card?
Also try downloading the File again, perhaps with other Browser, it could be really damaged.

Even all these things together...

profile.country.GB.title
Foleyan
Explorer

Used another browser downloaded now updated.Thank you.

Sent from my iPad