Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7III - Slot 1 - Sandisk 128Gb Extreme Pro SD Card errors

NsJayJay
New

Sony A7III - Slot 1 - Sandisk 128Gb Extreme Pro SD Card errors

30/10/2018 - Does anyone know when Sony will be releasing an update to fix the incompatibility of the latest SanDisk 128Gb Extreme Pro SD Cards in Slot 1 of the A7III???

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @NsJayJay,

I am not aware of any incompatibilities with certain SanDisk cards.

Which error are you getting displayed?

- Nic

I get the same error message on my brand new A7RIII: "Unable to read memory card. Reinsert memory card. Slot 1."

I have upgraded firmvare to v. 2.00. The card, "Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s SD  XC I, 3-10, v30" works perfectly on my A7R.

See my previous post. When inserted into Slot 2, the camera just "hangs", no error, but the orange icon indicating slot 1 does nothing, just displays blinkin "----" ending with "No memory card inserted. Slot 1" - which is true, because I wanted to check whether slot 2 is automatically recognised (which it is on my Nikon D600).

profile.country.GB.title
DragosAN
Explorer

i have the same issue a73 and sandisc sdxc 95mb v30 it looks like the camera is not compatible with these sandisk cards or vice versa and that guy the so called expert @IamNic he doesnt know nothing or he is not aware of these kind of problems....dude stop commenting if you have no ideea abot these issues

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @DragosAN,

where did you purchase your card? Maybe it is counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are slower than genuine cards and that can lead to such error messages.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
DragosAN
Explorer

The card is from the official store from amazon and there is an issue with a batch

profile.country.GB.title
fandangowheels
Explorer

Do you get the option to format it from the camera menu? they generally need formatting via camera, my 64Gb Extreme did. Of course if you arent getting that far you could format outside of camera and retry. General advise, I havent seen the problem first hand

profile.country.GB.title
chriswallace7
Explorer

I found this report regarding the issue a couple of weeks ago, still waiting for any updates:-

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0675878868/sony-users-reporting-issue-using-128gb-sandisk-extreme-sd-c...

regards

Chris

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@DragosAN  schrieb:

The card is from the official store from amazon and there is an issue with a batch

Thanks for the clarification.

Would you mind linking an official source (e.g. manufacturer) so I can escalate it to Sony in order for them to release a help text which specifies the affected cards.

- Nic