Join now - be part of our community!

Highly requested feature on Alpha 7 IV

SOLVED
fredwest
New

Highly requested feature on Alpha 7 IV

Hello,

I was told that if I have feature requests for a Sony Alpha A7 IV, this would be the place to voice it, so here we go...

Focus tracking during video recording is only possible by using the touch screen, which is rather limiting. I would like a feature where you can activate focus tracking with a button (either press and hold or toggle). I know this is available on the A7R V and would really like to hope that this is a feature that could find its way to the A7 IV in an upcoming FW update.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Actually I don’t know if there is a place where sony collects suggestions. I think that no one brand makes that.

Sometimes is hard to accept suggestions from colleagues and field official testers, I imagine that from common users is not possible.

Anyway you should try here https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=cameras-camcorders1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Who told you this was the best place to post feature requests.

This is a Sony user to user forum, Sony aren't necessarily here

just users of Sony products like yourself.

fredwest
New

I read in some other threads here and in other forums that Sony representatives also monitor this forum, seeing that it is hosted on a Sony operated platform. And there doesn't seem to be any other "official" feature request channel.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Actually I don’t know if there is a place where sony collects suggestions. I think that no one brand makes that.

Sometimes is hard to accept suggestions from colleagues and field official testers, I imagine that from common users is not possible.

Anyway you should try here https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=cameras-camcorders1

profile.country.GB.title
TomazagatoRTS
Explorer

That was a little rude, I know unfortunately his name is Fred West but that is not his fault.