Join now - be part of our community!

extending battery life Sony A6500

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
anneandnick

extending battery life Sony A6500

I have the sony a6500 camera and as most people who have one know the battery life is pants for video. I have a power bank and when this is plugged in the battery depletes slower but still depletes. I can now go from about an hour per battery to about 2 hours with the power bank.

My question is . . .I thought that when the power bank was plugged in this would take precedence over the battery and power the camera until that was depleted and then the internal battery would kick in and run on from there - but - the power bank seems to be helping the internal battery but not taking over from it, is this usual?

Any help greatly appreciated

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @anneandnick,

you should rather go for a so called "dummy battery", which is directly powered via USB (e.g. powerbank) instead of trying to charge the camera while it is running (this will damage the battery).

- Nic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @anneandnick,

you should rather go for a so called "dummy battery", which is directly powered via USB (e.g. powerbank) instead of trying to charge the camera while it is running (this will damage the battery).

- Nic