Join now - be part of our community!

A7III Saved Camera Settings Won't Save Manual Exposure Settings

profile.country.GB.title
sigsphotos
New

A7III Saved Camera Settings Won't Save Manual Exposure Settings

I have set one of my registered camera settings (Memory 1) for all the settings I use to shoot sports.

Except that it won't let me save the manual shutter speed and aperture that I always use. It insists on saving "P".

Is there some way I can override this?

If I set the dial on "M" I lose all the other presets that I want.

I've just managed to ring Sony support who confirm that the exposure settings cannot be saved in this way.

This is despite what it says on page 273 of the Help Guide.

Oh well!   This means the saved settings are no good to me, so I'll have to set everything up manually every time.

Not very well thought out by Sony!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Sigs,

I have checked the manual and on page 275 you can find explanation to what you get on the camera when you register the settings to a custom key, which says that the settings that can be save using this method are exposure, focus settings, and drive mode. Saving shutter speed and aperture can be done via registering settings on Memory as explained on page 273.

Can you check both methods to see if that helps your case?

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
sigsphotos
New

Hi Tenneen,

Thanks for the advice.

I've tried the settings on page 275, but as the manual says, " Simply press the custom key to switch the settings quickly and release the key to go back to the original settings".

This works as described, but doesn't help in my case. During a football match I need to have the exposure settings constantly set, not just when I press a custom key.

So it looks like I'll have to set the dial to manual for the exposure settings and re-input all my other settings every time I shoot a match. :disappointed: